Featured Posts
Recent Articles

Management Success Tips

Management Success Tips

For me transparency is very important. I always do my best to keep my team informed, I want them to participate, I want their feedback, I never leave my team in the dark, especially when times or a situation is difficult. I know that it makes them feel as if they are a part of the solution and that what they say and think is important. I worked for many years with a manager who controlled me and never let me in on anything, I promised myself I would never be that way !!!
—MartineBerube


A Role Model...

I believe that a good leader serves as a role model to his/her team members. By showing them the right attitude and values towards work, they will unknowingly adapt the same attitude. What a leader knows doesnt matter much but by doing it is what matters the most.


Share the work, yet be leader

Do not make them feel they need to do the job because they have to, but because they want to. I prove to them my own motto, "one heart,one team,and two hands" to achieve the common goal. No harm in being a role model; sharing the workload in the beginning for the sake of encouraging them). Be a good listener, respect their opinions, share and explain yours. However,always remember one thing: You are the leader.


Your employees dont just work for you...

You work for them as well. Without your best efforts they will never be successful. If you don't care about them, they will not care about you. Take the time to ensure they have the tools to succeed. Make sure they are trained properly, and that they have clear direction. If they need something, say a day off, do your best to give it to them and let them know why if you can't. Find that thing inside all of us that motivates them and give it a spark. Some people want to be challenged, others want a sense of ownership, others just want to feel appreciated. When your employees see that you are working for them they will return the favor.


Do the distasteful stuff first

Don't wait until the end of the day, do the distasteful stuff first. After all, that's what you are getting paid for. Procrastination can ruin your whole day. If you handle that performance counseling issue, or that complaint first, the rest of the day will be a piece of cake. You arrive at work rested and full of energy. That's the perfect time to take on the distatsteful taste, when you're operating on all eight cylinders. Your energy and enthusiasm wanes as the day goes on and by 2 or 3 in the afternoon, you are not operating at your peak. Your success in dealing with any issue is directly proportionate to the energy level you bring to the situation. Don't hesitate, deal with it with that first cup of coffee in hand! You won't be sorry.


Start from zero sen

I managed to be a manager for a huge tuition centre in Mersing, Johor Malaysia. Beginning from zero I distribute my advertisement from newspaper stall. From that I got the money and I managed to pay all of my capital and shop deposits. Now I got 6 workers. My students are always rising in numbers. I am so happy. I can relax and teach only 2 hours a day and got multiple rewards. I sell beverages and nuts to my students. I am planning to open students library and english centre. Lets come to my tuition centre.


Leaders vs. Managers

Everyone has the potential to be a leader and a manager. A leader looks for innovation and CHALLENGES the status quo. A manager looks for order and MAINTAINS the status quo.In EVERY job function there is a time to lead and a time to manage. Help everyone to understand this fundamental concept and your enterprise will fly, and meet today's enormous challenges.


how to be manager

Keep an eye on everything... ..Ignore most....React to a few vital ....



Share and Enjoy:

0 comments for this post

Leave a reply

We will keep You Updated...
Sign up to receive all
interesting site updates!
Subscribe via RSS Feed subscribe to feeds
Sponsors
Popular Posts
Recent Stories
Connect with Facebook
Sponsor
Search Site
Archives
Blog Archives
Recent Comments
Tag Cloud